Congratulations To Our Winners
- Balwin School
- David Thompson School
- Fultonvale Elementary Junior High School
- Hardisty – Grand Prize Winner
- Ellendale Elementary
- John Stubbs Memorial School
- Margaret Ma Murray Community School
- Pearson Road Elementary
- Westview Elementary School – Grand Prize Winner
- Clifton School – Grand Prize Winner
- Daerwood School
- Frontenac School
- J.R. Reid School
- Walter Whyte School
- Back Bay Elementary School
- Chris Saunders Memorial Elementary School
- Keswick Valley Memorial School – Grand Prize Winner
- Northrop Frye School
- Westfield School
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Botwood Collegiate
- Fatima Academy – Grand Prize Winner
- Lourdes Elementary
- St. Edward's School
- William Gillett Academy
- Basinview Drive Community School
- Carleton Consolidated Elementary School
- Coxheath Elementary
- Dutch Settlement Elementary School – Grand Prize Winner
- Truro Junior High School
- Brant Avenue Public School – Grand Prize Winner
- Courtland Ave. Sr. Public School
- St Bernadette Catholic Elementary School
- St. Martin De Porres School
- Wellington PS
Prince Edward Island
- Birchwood Intermediate
- Hernewood Intermediate School
- Parkside Elementary School
- Queen Charlotte Intermediate School
- West Kent Elementary School – Grand Prize Winner
- Allion Elementary
- Association D'Enfants Scolarisés À La Maison
- École Pierre Elliott Trudeau Elementary School
- Hampstead School – Grand Prize Winner
- St Mary's Elementary
- Christopher Lake Public School
- Hillmond Central School
- Muenster School
- OM Irwin
- Redvers School – Grand Prize Winner
- Harry Camsell School – Grand Prize Winner
- Jack Hulland Elementary School
- Lutsel K’e Dene School
- Princess Alexandra School
Stories shared across Canada
A long time ago, in a land far away, there was a lovely librarian named Mrs. Lyall. As might be expected for someone in her profession, she had a soft spot for children who loved books as much ...
My name is Mark Brubacher and I am a Gr. 7 English, History and Geography teacher at Courtland Ave. P.S. in Kitchener, ON and I am truly lucky to teach the students who I work with each day. Our ...
I have always loved reading. I love how it allows me to see things from a character’s point of view, travel to a different time or place or feel a variety of emotions. Once I had my children, ...
Six-year-old Luca is working to master expressive dialogue, after a Kindergarten year of weekly engagements with Mo Willems’ Elephant and Piggie collection. Seven-year-old Gracie accelerated ...
Clifton school is a small school in a quiet, diverse neighbourhood. Last year my son started in the Nursery/Kindergarten class at Clifton school. There were no tears that first day and he ...
My love of reading has been with me since an early age. As a child, my mother had an array of books always available and we were often at our local library. We still are- my children and I are ...
I have always enjoyed reading, but I have to say that my three girls helped me 'fall in love' with reading. Being a parent and spending that quality time with your children when they are young ...
In middle school I had an awesome teacher who read "Where the red fern grows" by Wilson Rawls. This book has too many life lessons in it to mention them all here. I recommend everyone young or ...
We are incredibly grateful that Indigo Kelowna has chosen Pearson Road Elementary as this year’s Adopt a School recipient. I feel fortunate to work at such an amazing school and I want to do ...
It’s the final week of Adopt a School! The past two weeks have seen so much excitement from participating schools and online supporters! In this last week, we’d love for you to share with your supporters that they can help schools for free online through: Tell a Story, Give a Stor...
Wow! We can’t believe the first week of Adopt a School is almost over! It’s so exciting to see communities across Canada mobilize such incredible support for their schools. That support will equal many, many books on the shelves of school libraries and into the hands of child...
It’s that time of year again! Children across Canada are settling into their new classrooms, the leaves are starting to turn, and there’s an excitement in the air, which tells us it’s almost time for the 10th annual Indigo Adopt a School program!! Adopt a School kicks off this ...
We are so excited to be gearing up for the Indigo Adopt a School program’s 10th year! This year, we have over 600 schools from across Canada participating in the Adopt a School program!!! While school is out for summer, the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation team is in the office prep...