Centennial-Grand Woodlands SchoolBrantford, Ontario 271 / 230 Books Given
Principal MONIQUE GOOLD
Our students indicate we need books:
- to expand our vocabulary
- to learn more
- to practice reading
- for fun
- to support our mental well-being (quiet time and focus)
- to expand our ideas and thinking
- because books nourish kids' imaginations and inspire them to dream
- because Books provide the opportunity for inspiration, thought and reflection. They also nurture our creative side and inspire imagination and visualization.
- because reading in the elementary years encourages a life-long love of reading
In addition, our library and school would benefit from an increase in books:
- to replace older books (out of date - more up to date books of interest)
- to replace 'well used' books (damaged, worn, etc.)
- to increase the types (genre) of books in our library (more variety of reading topics and types - graphic novels, fiction, non-fiction, etc.)
- to increase books that are more inclusive (more diverse in culture, family, interests, etc.)
- to increase the types of reading opportunities for students (e-reading, audio with print books, etc.)
- we are a school that has a diverse population and struggle to do fundraising for additional books in our school
Support for Centennial-Grand Woodlands School
Profile Update Bonus
Way to go! Supporters across Canada put 5 books in your school library from our Facebook LIKE challenge.
Hi! I am supporting this school because my kids both attend CGW. Also, their principal has done a great job by getting this support thanks Ms.Goold! It was always one of my great pleasures as a parent to read to my kids. Even when they were very small, they loved to hear a story. It's so ...
I am supporting this school so students can have a wide variety of reading material and expand their imaginations.
My family and I are about to move to a new home. As I clean out our home and pack up our belongings, I am discovering just how difficult it is to part with our books. Each book means something special, whether it was a gift; the first book my children read, or met a new milestone; or marked a ...
Reading allows me to escape from everyday stressors and keeps my mind active. I never go a day without reading a book!
Happy reading CGW!!